20 December, 2014

Imperial Knight, day 20 - colours are final

Last night I was in doubt about the yellow on the checked areas. However, today - as the first thing to do - I thought I would work on getting most of the copper to a nice finish. I also working on getting the last few small areas that needed som work done - knee-armour plating and the heraldic shield. Then I assembled the model loosely and I think he works now. With the current colours! Yay! So no need to change the planned colours. Now is is about getting that final distance to the goal!



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Also, the heraldry on the plates on the lower legs looks more natural like that with the half eagle on the "outside". You had it the other way around earlier if I remember correctly.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. Lots of little tweaks that all go in the right direction. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I love it! The yellow really compliments the red, see every Blood Angel artwork since 2nd Edition...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a classic colour scheme I guess. Very "in your face"!
      Maybe that Blood angels army would actually be quite cool to do...

      Delete
  3. Stunning piece!

    It was a pleasure watching it "growing" - I wouldn't be able to do such a work in such a short time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is hard work, but I also find in great to set a goal and then work on it. The deadline has a limit because of the timeline, and if you dedicate between half and hour and two hours every evening you can get a long way. To me it is all about knowing the chores of the work and grinding through those, and enjoying the fun parts all the way.

      Delete
  4. You were right! There is something about the copper that helps linking all the colours together. I really like the colour scheme now.

    Nice one!

    --
    morbäck

    ReplyDelete