05 June, 2012

First bit placed - a competition entry started...

Found use for the first of the newly purchased bitz:


The GK terminator shield fits this little and (for the moment) somewhat secret project nicely. It is a contribution to a local painting competition in Denmark. "Local"... well, it is a arranged on a Danish web-forum and after some pondering I decided to join in and have fun doing an entry, ignoring the risk to get beaten by an up-and-coming painter. But thinking about it I quite like this "risk". Entering a small painting competition might give some encouragement - both because of the support and for the competitors in the same category to give it all their best to beat a Deamon-Slayer. There is an expert level category as well as beginners and average. The topic is "single model" with monstrous mounted characters being the biggest entries allowed. So far the people who have joined in have shown great enthusiasm and skill so I am expecting a good competition and some great miniatures to look when we have reached the deadline in mid July.

6 comments:

  1. Nice snail. That's not a bit, you modeled it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you luck - waiting to see the piece revealed =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be very interesting! Would you be willing to share the url for the forum that hosts the competition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snail in a classic bit from the bretonnia men at arms sprue.

    I'll point you in the direction of the competition when all the entries are in. Funny enough, just after I announced that I would enter a few people were challenging me in friendly terms. I think it will be a fun competition and I guess the decision to participate was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fair :) Good luck and have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snail bit... wow... I learned something new. Now I want one or ten.

    ReplyDelete