09 May, 2015

Henchman painted - and exploring

I painted this henchman really fast the other night and did a simple photo-setup last night. The image came out too dark, but a quick auto-contrast sloved this one easily. Fun to paint, not perfect to technical standards, but gritty and dark. I need to do more of these fast-paced models.

Painting the model I was reminded og the strong but simple colour schemes that Mike Anderson used to do all the time. He has done some awsome models with a subtle grey/black being the main part of the palette.

13 comments:

  1. looks cool. model looks great and painting looks perfect for a henchman.
    liking the dark mood to the shot too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, these moody kinds of imagery are really rewarding and really sets the scene. And with just a few scenery pieces you can achieve a lot.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! The photo sets him off perfectly too. Very nice all round.

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Now I just need the rest of the crew for him to survive hanging out in Mordheim.

      Delete
  3. Lovely, atmospheric stuff as always my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrew. Good to see you dropping by here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The darker colour palette suits the henchman well. Good to reference some of Mikes wonderfully characterful minis from the early Millenium - some of my favourites :)

    The henchman is a great contrast to your Mordheim Imperial warband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate. Got to get a crew for him done, and then I can invite you over for a game!

      Delete
    2. Good idea - or I can just get my *ss in gear and do a quick warband myself ;)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful metallics - how long is an "evening" I struggle to get base coats alone done in that time! Really great love the basing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking back I believe I actually did two evenings - and hour each. So a total of two hours. Including a bit of web-browsing.

      Delete
  7. he looks great, a characterful empire hero going about his bussiness....

    ReplyDelete