11 October, 2014

Tyranid Termagaunt

 Found this model the other night with the base colours sprayed on with airbrush. I guess I did the airbrushing about a year ago and left it there. Anyway 50 minutes of painting and then the following evening about 15 minutes of final touches and the base and there is another model finished. Not to the greatests of standards, but I enjoyed getting the creature done in the colours and style that I wanted.

I used a mix of Citadel washes, some zombicide washes from Army Painter, white, bubonic brown (Yup! -g ot a bottle of that old Citadel classic!), and W&N red ink. Oh, and boltgun metal for the claws. All in all fun with a few colours and another model to go on the shelf.


  1. Quick projects like this are tons of fun.

  2. Great looking mini! Have a bit of Nid fever at the moment myself. They can be such a chore to paint in a unique way but you've done a wonderful job. Simple and effective.

  3. Haven't done a lot of these myself. This is probably my 2nd or 3rd Termagaunt. I treated the beast as half chore, half painting for fun. Or rather, I really just wanted to produce something and the model was available (primed up and ready, basecolour already sprayed on) and I was confident that I could get it finished within the time I had. Awsome experience. Start - go - finish. On the shelf he goes.