11 July, 2014

Late 80s Nurgle Champion

Latest model painted up. A great model, about 25 years old! A Classic Champion of Nurgle:

Painted purely for fun, quickly, and using my new lamp. I want to push myself to try and paint a bit more bright. Stronger colours pop easier - both in the cabinets and on the gaming board...

Among other I used that new GW technical colour, NIHILAKH OXIDE, and also made good use of the bottle of Reaper Master Series Moth Green that I got from good friend Todd Swanson ( http://www.crookedeye.net/ ) in the mail a few years ago. Such a fantastic bright green colour.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Jakob.
    I've been experimenting with Nihilakh Oxide as well. Nice to see it work out so well.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a nice colour to work with. I was not really sure what to expect from these technical paints, but I like the ones I have tried so far.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work as per usual :)

    I just received this figure yesterday from a cheap auction on Ebay. Unfortunately it is missing the halberd head so I'll have to give him a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will prove an interesting one. Personally I am so used to seeing him with this particular halberd, but I think I might be really refreshing to see him with a different silhouette. I look forword to see what blade he will get.

      Delete